Drawings by Rebecca Savage

Monday 8 September 2014

3D Greetings card tutorial



Today I have a Greetings card tutorial for you all. Its my mums birthday in a couple of weeks and I have decided to tie making her a couple of Birthday cards (my sister has "commissioned" the job to me this year!) with another DIY blog post. 



You will need
Scissors
Coloured Pens
Card
A pack of white greetings cards (or folded white paper)
Raised sticky dots/strips which can be bought from most stationary stores.

What to do...

1. Draw your shape (in this case a star) onto the coloured card. I did this one freehand but if you want a neater image it is a good idea to print a shape off the internet to draw around. Once satisfied embellish it with coloured pens and cut it out.

2. Stick the sticky dots to the back of the card shape, make sure there are enough to stick it on strongly and carefully lay it onto the card. Often they stick firm so don't put it down until you are fully comfortable with its position.




3. Once its stuck down, decorate the card with a background image. Don't go too complex but a small amount will help to make the shape stand out further! I added a couple of sparkles to my star. Finally add your message, ready to write inside.

I also created a whale card with goggly eyes but you can do this with any simple shape you choose.



What do you think? Have you made anything recently?

4 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable! I love the home made touch. I recently made some similar inspiration cards, but I'm more of a words person than an artist. I just write in cheat's caligraphy - next time I'll try your ideas though o add a little something extra!
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment :) You should definitely have a go, I'd love to see what you create :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...